Thursday, November 10, 2011

#Languedoc Day a Social Media Sensation

Thursday, November 10, 2011 is now known in social media circles as Languedoc Day. Wine writers spent the day blogging about the tasty, about-to-be-famous juice that comes from this up-and-coming region in  Southeastern France, many of us Tweeting with the hashtag #LanguedocDay.
I'm an avowed nut for Languedoc's older sister Chateauneuf du Pape, who lives just north of her, so this was an easy assignment. I experimented with the 2009 Les Vignes de Bila-Haut from vaunted Rhone producer M. Chapoutier.
This is a gorgeous bottle of wine, made from Grenache, Syrah, and old vine Carignan. Simply put...I love this stuff and found it really inky, warm, and full of Cherry Coke, chocolate, and holiday spices.

I enjoyed a glass with flavorful maple pork tenderloin, mashed yams, and broccolini.
I think this Languedoc gem would be a great choice for the Thanksgiving table, a perfect companion for  juicy turkey in cranberry thyme gravy.
Follow me on Twitter @vinochick75.

No comments:

Post a Comment